Dismissed in front of school:
Pre K -1st and siblings of Pre K -1st
Dismissed in back of school:
2nd -8th grade
Lane 1: yellow: 2nd -3rd grade and siblings of 2nd & 3rd grade
Lane 2: green: 4th-5th grade and siblings of 4th & 5th grade
Lane 3: Red: 6th-8th grade and siblings
How it will work:
Each car will have a coded car tag and lane color. A dismissal crew member will input number from tag hanging on your rear view mirror. Driveline software program will alert teachers to release student with corresponding number. Students will be released with a dismissal crew walker and find their vehicles. Dismissal crew “sweepers” will walk down aisles of cars to call by radio any students missing. Once all students have found their vehicles, our traffic coordinators will direct exiting traffic. Any vehicles missing students will be asked to pull to the side for second call so that the cars behind them that are already loaded can go.
Car tags are coded to youngest sibling
ie: John Smith 1st grade and Jane Smith 6th grade will be under John Smith 1st grades car tag #. Both siblings will exit in the front of the school with first graders.
A few need to know safety rules of dismissal:
1. If the students are moving the cars are not. This means no cars may go until all students have gotten into there vehicles.
2. All parents must stay in their vehicles during dismissal. Walking up to the gate or waiting outside your car are not permitted. Older sibling should not be sent to retrieve younger sibling from inside the school once they have exited the school.
3. Students may not leave their vehicle to retrieve forgotten items during dismissal. If students need to go back into the school parents must drive to the front of school, park, and wait for front office to open once dismissal has finished.
4. All pick up changes must be reported to the front office no later than 2:30 pm. This allows us time to communicate with the teacher and student. Meaning if a child is in after care program and you decide to pick them up instead, you must call before 2:30 or you will have to park and sign them out from after care program.
5. Students walking to find vehicles will not go past back playground.
6. Students who do not find their vehicle will walk back up to gated area closest to the school building to wait before cars start moving.
7. Please speak to your student about the importance of exiting the building quickly once their number has been called. Bathroom breaks, getting packed up to leave and socialization should be done before dismissal begins.
Your patience with our dismissal crew and parents is greatly appreciated, as we learn the dismissal process and students names. Our number one job is getting all students out of the school safely.
.* Car tags will go home the first day of school. If you are missing a tag please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, grade, and teacher.